Proud winners of the British Property Lettings award 2018-2019, recognized for our outstanding customer service!
Whether you are the landlord of a single property or a seasoned investor, our staff members are here to share their local knowledge and experience to ensure you maximise the return on your property investment.
We have been successfully managing properties since 2008 and currently have a portfolio of properties from over 100 landlords. We are pleased to inform you that we are members of the Ombudsman Scheme, MyDeposits and ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents).
- Stones Young offers landlords a professional and comprehensive letting service continuing our ethos to provide excellent service with a friendly and approachable manner. Our lettings portfolio is continually increasing mainly due to recommendations. Even as our business continues to grow we manage to maintain an honest and personal service, and all our staff members are experienced and fully trained in all aspects of letting. We are pleased to inform you that we are members of the Ombudsman Scheme, My Deposits and currently the only Blackburn based lettings agent member of The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA), the UK’s foremost professional body for letting agents whose members are professionals working at all levels of letting agency, from business owners to office employees.
- Whether you are new to being a landlord or you have multiple properties, we are confident we have a letting option to suit you.
- Depending on your requirements we offer:
- Finding tenant only option
- Fully Managed Letting service
- For both options we fully advertise your property on www.stonesyoung.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk and www.zoopla.co.uk. All new Letting instructions are also advertised on our Facebook page “Stones Young Lettings”. We produce a colour brochure including photographs. We conduct all viewings and when we feel we have found a suitable tenant we then gain your approval to carry out stringent checks and references which we feel ensures we get good quality tenants for your property. We will help you to prepare the property for letting, arranging an EPC, Landlord Gas Safety Certificate, Electrical Installation Condition Report and advise you regarding all paperwork you are required legally to hold, as well as carrying out a pre-tenancy property visit to highlight any potential issues. Should you choose our fully managed letting service as well as dealing with administration throughout the tenancy including protecting any deposit, ongoing maintenance issues, we also carry out periodic property inspections and report back accordingly. We offer you complete support throughout the tenancy and help make being a landlord as stress free as possible. At the end of the tenancy we deal with all issues surrounding the condition of the property, arranging quotes for any necessary works followed by the refund of the deposit.
- Whilst some letting agents only make payment on a set date each month, we arrange payments to landlords within 3 days of a tenant’s payment being received and forward a statement of the payment for your records. Payments are managed by our in house qualified accountant. We also provide a free year end statement to assist our landlords with their self assessment affairs, a service we believe is unique to ourselves.
- There is of course much more involved than we can mention here and would be happy to discuss it personally in more detail.
Fully managed service 12% inclusive of VAT of monthly rent
Finders only service 100% of first month’s rent
A set up fee of £180 inclusive of VAT is payable
(If an inventory is required for finders only the cost is £102 including VAT)
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information for tenants
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Stones Young) ‘the agent’
Holding deposit: 1 weeks rent
Deposit: 5 weeks rent
During the tenancy (payable to the agent)
Payment of £50 including VAT if you want to change the tenancy agreement
Payment of interest for the late payment of a rent at a rate of 3% over Bank of England base rate
Payment of £10 per key for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
Payment for a breach of the tenancy agreement up to the prescribed limit
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
Utilities – gas, electricity, water
Communications – telephone and broadband
Installation of cable/satellite
Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Stones Young is a member of ARLA Property Mark, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agents website or by contacting the agent directly.